Friday, November 30, 2012

Atkins Induction Menu Plan Day 5

Weight - 244.6lbs
Mood - 4 (In the crappah!)
Pain - 7
Exercise - Yes, if you call unloading cabinets in the kitchen and under every counter in the bathroom and bar area as well as moving the bed and bedroom furniture and covering it in a tarp so the work men can replumb the entire house due to the second mondo water leak we had Thanksgiving weekend.

Dear Carl's, Jr.

I hate you. This is a poison pen letter to let you know there should be truth in advertising. Do not SHOW me a picture of what your burger is INTENDED to look like. We know you airbrush your centerfolds! Do not TELL me, I'm going to have a great meal, prepared fresh, the way I want it, when CLEARLY the burgers we ate last night sat under a heat lamp for God knows how long before you delivered them.
Do not tempt me with fried zucchini and then fake me out at the last minute, causing me to unnecessarily expend 10g of carbs on worthless, tasteless, soggy, transfat filled, soylicious crap! For nothing! It sucked, dude! Learn to cook.

Carl, your low carb burger works in theory, but you should consider buying your lettuce and tomatoes from a farmer who actually knows how to grow them and knows what they are supposed to look like! Oh, and note to Carl, you might also want to actually give your patron enough lettuce to act as the hamburger bun I'm paying you to omit! Paper wrappers do not a viable bun make!

Carl, because of you, I became my scale's b*tch once more this morning. You've increased the likelihood of me committing homicide today and my sock monkey boys tremble each time I pass by. My boyfriend threatens to leave me if I even look like I'm going to say something to him, and I hear my sock monkey's whisper, "Don't look at her, Dad! Don't look her in the eyes!"

I'm breaking up with you. And in the inimitable words of my daddy, H.C., I will never again, waste my money dining in your establishment.

Sincerely,

Susie T. Gibbs

*********
The work men start Day 2 of Hell Hath No Fury Like a Broken Water Pipe. I supposed they will be here until 6pm or longer as they were yesterday. Every dish I own is sitting in piles in the dining room and living room.

In self-defence (not that God barters or anything AWESOME like that), I'm re-enacting Fasting Friday's for religious reasons. Not only can't I get in the kitchen to prepare any food, but I think I need a smack-down about living, "Not by my will, but by THY will." So I will fast and it will be deadly dull around here until we figure out the evening meal. It depends entirely upon the quixotic proclivities of our three wise men (aka the plumbers) who have created organized chaos at Chez Crane.

Sorry folks. Move along. No eating going down today - until dinner that is!


Atkins Induction Day 5 Menu

Breakfast - Fasting for religious reasons

Lunch - Fasting for religious reasons

Dinner - (701 Cals; 52g F (69% F); 17g C; 7g Fib; 36g P; 10 g Net Carbs)

Chopped Salad with House Vinaigrette and Blue Cheese
and Grape Tomatoes
1 Chopped Salad with House Vinaigrette (2c Romaine, 1/4c Cucumber, 1 Tbsp Radish, 1/8c Red Onion, 1/8c Red Bell Pepper, 2 Grape Tomatoes, 1 oz Blue Cheese, 1/4 Avocado, 2 1/2 Tbsp Vinaigrette)


4 oz Broccoli, steamed with 1 Tbsp Butter

4 oz Flatiron Steak, Grilled with S/P/GG/P/W/EVOO

Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Steamed Buttered Broccolli and
Chopped Salad


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I sure hope your house is back in order by now. That is upsetting, so sorry to hear this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh Nancy, don't I wish! We still have the plumbers in the house. We hope they will be finished today but then the drywall and painting will need to be done after the first of the year and before my next surgery.

      At some point we just have to laugh about it, otherwise we would cry!

      Delete

Fluffy Chix eat what??? Holy smokes! You can't eat that on low carb, can you? Thanks for joining Fluffy Chix Talk Chicken Scratch, the adventures in daily low carb nutrition and all the menus that go with it and maybe a picture or two! This is the daily Fluffy Chix Low Carb Menu Blog. Leave lots of comments and love, ya hear?!! Please share Fluffy Chix Cook with your friends!


November 26, 2012
Resumed Atkins Induction after surgery and recovery.


September 25, 2012

Bilateral Latissimus Dorsi Flap Resection for Stage IIIC Breast Cancer Reconstruction



September 19, 2012

Quit JUDDD and low carb to prepare for surgery.


August 13, 2012 -

Resumed JUDDD schedule while continuing with the Circadian Rhythm Schedule for eating and sleeping windows.


July 23 - August 12 -

I'm starting an n=1 pseudo-experiment today. It's based on experiments with Calorie Restriction and Food Restriction or Food Windows. I'm working with some guidance on this. The idea will be to reset my Circadian Rhythms.New research shows that Circadian Rhythm disruption influences inflammation and obesity as well as insulin sensitivity. These are all areas I'm desperate to address because fixing these areas could allow my body to heal. This could give me a better shot at remaining cancer free.


For the next 3 weeks, I must reset the Circadian Clock inside my body. To reset the CC (Circadian Clock) I need to discontinue JUDDD over the next 3 weeks and simply adhere to a feeding, sleeping and waking schedule. I will be adding a note section at the end of each day in order to evaluate status and moods.

Step 1: Eat a low carb diet without calorie restriction for the next 3 weeks without any type of calorie rotation.

Step 2: Eat all meals within an 8 hour feeding window - 11am - 7pm. Absolutely no eating after 7pm. Non-caloric liquids are allowed on demand.

Step 3: Adhere to a bedtime with total darkness at 11pm and wake time of 6:30am, every day.

Step 4: After 3 weeks I will resume JUDDD Rotations with a 20% Calorie Restriction on Down Days - 500 kcals, Up Days will allow up to 2340 kcals. The JUDDD Rotation will feature low carb nutrition. Continue to follow the FR (Food Restriction eating window, bedtime, and waking time.)

Step 5: After 2 weeks back on JUDDD Rotations, evaluate the ongoing weight loss level I feel comfortable in sustaining for the long term. I can go as high as a 50% restriction and still experience activation of the SIRT1 genes and asthma alleviation. Continue to follow the FR (Food Restriction eating window, bedtime, and waking time.)

***********************************

JUDDD Plan -

What in the Sam-hill, cockamamie food plan are you following? That can't be low carb!! Well, you're right it isn't simply low carb. I follow a derivation of the Johnson's Alternate Day Diet. I tweaked the JUDDD diet, as it's called, into a low carb version.

I choose to follow this plan right now, because I am experiencing dramatic improvement on asthma symptoms, blood sugar control and weight loss.

More importantly, I also experienced a greater than 50% response rate in neo-adjuvant chemotherapy towards a high grade prolific ER+/PR+/Her2Neu- breast cancer and lost 45lbs during treatment - when most people in breast cancer treatment gain 10-20lbs. (KI-67 was 22% with 17mitotic bodies).


Sure, I'm a turtle. Weight loss is slow weight loss. But it's weight loss! Hope that helps bring you up to speed!

The JUDDD diet has quite a bit of testing behind it and is founded upon theories that alternate day caloric restriction activates the longevity gene, the SIRT1 gene.


Suggested side effects of the JUDDD Diet are greater blood sugar control, reduction of systemic inflammation, relief or improvement of asthma conditions, reduction in movement disorder brain dysfunction, and possible anti-cancer effects.

But! Key to remember, I'm an n=1, not a doctor, not a nutritionist, nor allied health practitioner and you MUST do your own research. I'm just a girl who had cancer and is dancing with NED at this point in time.