Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Atkins Induction Meal Plan - Day 9

Weight - 242.0lbs
Mood - 8
Pain - 7
Exercise - No, but I MUST get motivated and do it.

Well, I overate protein yesterday. I had 95g of Protein and for me, that is way too much. I make it into glucose, wayyyyy too easily. And voila, this morning I was up on the scale. I envy those of you who can enjoy a bunch of meat and cheese and still lose.

I'm fairly bummed, not because I think this is anything more than a water bounce, but because this just reinforces how broken my metabolism is. I ate that huge salad and within 2 hours, I was hungry again. It only had 12g of Net Carbs in it.

I'm going to continue with NK (Nutritional Ketosis) experiment on Atkins Induction for another week or two and just continue to see if my body finally gets tired of holding onto this fluid and lets it drop. Oh, one other thing to talk about...my left arm is really getting big from the lymphedema. I have a doc appointment today and go in for the lymphedema assessment tomorrow and for their treatment game plan.

I'm willing to bet that at least 3-4lbs or maybe more is fluid in my arm and I bet I still have a couple pounds of fluid from the surgery, but still...

*sigh* I've said it before, I will say it again. It sux to have to be so miserly with my food that I go around eating tiny amounts just to lose weight. It just sux big green ones.

I'm fasting until after the doctor's appointment. I don't want to go in for a fill in the right foob with a bloated tummy. (A fill is where they inject sterile saline into the expander balloon in order to tighten my skin and to encourage and stimulate new skin growth.)

Atkins Induction Meal Plan - Day 9

Breakfast - Skipped for Plastic Surgeon Appointment

Lunch - Skipped because of pain after expander fill

Dinner - (576 Cals; 40g F (61%F); 20g C; 8g Fib; 37g P; 12g Net Carbs)

Leftovers
Italian Stallion Salad - quick and easy.

1 Italian Stallion Salad
(Ground Chuck, Zucchini, Onion, Green Bell Pepper, Tomato, S/P/G/W/T/O/B/P, Mozzarella Cheese)

(Romaine, Red Onion, Red Bell Pepper, Cucumber, House Vinaigrette)






Atkins Induction Day 8 Totals - (576 Cals; 40g F (61%F); 20g C; 8g Fib; 37g P; 12g Net Carbs)

2 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie, are you getting your fat in? I eat huge salads (yes, I know bodies are different) with one chicken breast in it, but make sure I make my own dressing of olive oil, apple cider vinegar (with the mother in it!!!!!), and then season it with parsley and anything else I can get my hands on. This way I know I have my protein, fat, and vege's in. And a lot of nights I don't have supper, so important to get in my nutrients.

    Gentle hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy,

      I think I am...I haven't been very hungry for salads lately and have been eating more cooked veg for a change of pace. My fats average from 65-70+ % so I think I'm getting enough. As to what dressing I use on my salad, I only use homemade vinaigrette. I have a recipe for the House Vinaigrette and that's pretty much what I use. Here is the link to that:

      http://fluffychixcook.blogspot.com/2012/02/house-vinaigrette-salad-dressing.html

      This has happened before to me...I start thinking I need to reduce the carbs, so I quit netting carbs. And then I go crazy, cuz I love my veggies and it goes to quality of life for me.

      So invariably, I end up having to reduce my fat from the 65-70% range, down to the 40-60% range... :( Dunno.

      Delete

Fluffy Chix eat what??? Holy smokes! You can't eat that on low carb, can you? Thanks for joining Fluffy Chix Talk Chicken Scratch, the adventures in daily low carb nutrition and all the menus that go with it and maybe a picture or two! This is the daily Fluffy Chix Low Carb Menu Blog. Leave lots of comments and love, ya hear?!! Please share Fluffy Chix Cook with your friends!


November 26, 2012
Resumed Atkins Induction after surgery and recovery.


September 25, 2012

Bilateral Latissimus Dorsi Flap Resection for Stage IIIC Breast Cancer Reconstruction



September 19, 2012

Quit JUDDD and low carb to prepare for surgery.


August 13, 2012 -

Resumed JUDDD schedule while continuing with the Circadian Rhythm Schedule for eating and sleeping windows.


July 23 - August 12 -

I'm starting an n=1 pseudo-experiment today. It's based on experiments with Calorie Restriction and Food Restriction or Food Windows. I'm working with some guidance on this. The idea will be to reset my Circadian Rhythms.New research shows that Circadian Rhythm disruption influences inflammation and obesity as well as insulin sensitivity. These are all areas I'm desperate to address because fixing these areas could allow my body to heal. This could give me a better shot at remaining cancer free.


For the next 3 weeks, I must reset the Circadian Clock inside my body. To reset the CC (Circadian Clock) I need to discontinue JUDDD over the next 3 weeks and simply adhere to a feeding, sleeping and waking schedule. I will be adding a note section at the end of each day in order to evaluate status and moods.

Step 1: Eat a low carb diet without calorie restriction for the next 3 weeks without any type of calorie rotation.

Step 2: Eat all meals within an 8 hour feeding window - 11am - 7pm. Absolutely no eating after 7pm. Non-caloric liquids are allowed on demand.

Step 3: Adhere to a bedtime with total darkness at 11pm and wake time of 6:30am, every day.

Step 4: After 3 weeks I will resume JUDDD Rotations with a 20% Calorie Restriction on Down Days - 500 kcals, Up Days will allow up to 2340 kcals. The JUDDD Rotation will feature low carb nutrition. Continue to follow the FR (Food Restriction eating window, bedtime, and waking time.)

Step 5: After 2 weeks back on JUDDD Rotations, evaluate the ongoing weight loss level I feel comfortable in sustaining for the long term. I can go as high as a 50% restriction and still experience activation of the SIRT1 genes and asthma alleviation. Continue to follow the FR (Food Restriction eating window, bedtime, and waking time.)

***********************************

JUDDD Plan -

What in the Sam-hill, cockamamie food plan are you following? That can't be low carb!! Well, you're right it isn't simply low carb. I follow a derivation of the Johnson's Alternate Day Diet. I tweaked the JUDDD diet, as it's called, into a low carb version.

I choose to follow this plan right now, because I am experiencing dramatic improvement on asthma symptoms, blood sugar control and weight loss.

More importantly, I also experienced a greater than 50% response rate in neo-adjuvant chemotherapy towards a high grade prolific ER+/PR+/Her2Neu- breast cancer and lost 45lbs during treatment - when most people in breast cancer treatment gain 10-20lbs. (KI-67 was 22% with 17mitotic bodies).


Sure, I'm a turtle. Weight loss is slow weight loss. But it's weight loss! Hope that helps bring you up to speed!

The JUDDD diet has quite a bit of testing behind it and is founded upon theories that alternate day caloric restriction activates the longevity gene, the SIRT1 gene.


Suggested side effects of the JUDDD Diet are greater blood sugar control, reduction of systemic inflammation, relief or improvement of asthma conditions, reduction in movement disorder brain dysfunction, and possible anti-cancer effects.

But! Key to remember, I'm an n=1, not a doctor, not a nutritionist, nor allied health practitioner and you MUST do your own research. I'm just a girl who had cancer and is dancing with NED at this point in time.