Monday, December 3, 2012

Atkins Induction Menu Plan - Day 8

Weight - 240.0lbs
Mood - 8
Pain - 6
Exercise - No, but I MUST get motivated and do it.

Well, I'm happy to report the plumbing is ALMOST finished, which is a big relief. I've figured out that I just don't enjoy having strangers in our house! And I certainly don't like the upheaval. Since the cancer, my brain gets very over-stimulated and doesn't process things well when faced with harried chaos. I used to be able to handle things much better.

I was able to cook a nice dinner last night, very quick and easy. I used up more of the purple cauliflower with a simple steamed cook and serverd it with brown butter sauce. Delicious! The chicken was so fantastic...and that is not something you will usually hear from me: Chicken and Delicious in the same sentence, since it is practically an oxy-moron.

Remember, I am not a chicken in chickular form kinda girl. I generally want it dressed up for a party and disguised with a lot of lipstick. I want you to wh*re it out with window dressing and spiked heels, so I can't possibly resist it. But this was an easy old-standby recipe that show cases a quick pan sauce.

Gosh can I admit now how much I love having my staple pantry wines and spirits (Taylor Dry Sherry, Taylor Dry Sauterne, Extra Dry Vermouth, Cognac). It's so easy to pull out a bottle, add a tablespoon or two to deglaze a pan and poof! Instant sophistication for pennies and little effort. I'm big on "little effort".

The scale is finally beginning to look as if it's on team. For week 1 I had exactly a 0.8lb loss. LOL! *snort* I'm burnin' it up over here! But I do want to say that my nutrition is probably much better than it has been even eating high carb ad lib as I did during surgery recovery. I know I'm eating about 20% or more additional fat daily and probably averaging about 70% or greater cals from fat.

Typically my post-surgical menopausal, anti-hormone cancer therapy, inhaled steroid asthmatic 50 year old body needs me to keep fats in a 40-60% area in order to lose. I also seem to do best when I add in alternate day caloric restriction. But I'm determined to see my experiment through. I will continue for the second week and we will re-evaluate. I may continue on Atkins Induction, or Nutritional Ketosis as you youngsters call it, another couple of weeks or I might start dropping the fat level slightly and raise the carbs by 5g per week as I do it until I'm back to my 40-60g of net carbs and 40-60% fat.

Oh my gosh, can I just add that I made the most A-MAZING breakfast this morning? I was jonesing for Asian and so I whipped up a quick Chinese pancake breakfast! Vegetarian Egg Foo Young was just what the doctor ordered! Yummy!


Atkins Induction Menu - Day 8

Breakfast - (408Cals; 33g F (72% F); 12g C; 4g Fib; 17g P; 8g Net Carbs)

Low Carb "Chinese Pancakes" aka Vegetarian Egg Foo Young
for breakfast. Delicious!
3 c Decaff Coffee, black, unsweetened

2 Vegetarian Egg Foo Young Patties garnished with chopped cilantro, fresh jalapeno chiles and chopped green onion

(Savoy cabbage, mushroom, chile, red bell pepper, green onion, cilantro, garlic, ginger, rice wine vinegar, Coconut Aminos, sesame oil)








Lunch - (285Cals; 18g F (57%F ); 2g C; 1g Fib; 30g P; 1g Net Carbs)

Low carb lunch of sardines packed in olive oil on
pork skins with yellow mustard reminding you to "Eat!"
1 can Sardines in Olive Oil

4 1/2 Pork Skins

1 1/2 Tbsp Yellow Mustard

2 Grape Tomatoes










Afternoon Snack (110 Cals; 8g F (67%F); 1g C; 0g Fib; 8g P; 1g Net Carbs)

1 mozzarella string cheese stick
2 pork rinds



Dinner - (580 Cals; 40g F (61%F); 20g C; 8g Fib; 38g P; 12g Net Carbs)

Italian Stallion Salad - quick and easy.
1 Italian Stallion Salad
(Ground Chuck, Zucchini, Onion, Green Bell Pepper, Tomato, S/P/G/W/T/O/B/P, Mozzarella Cheese)

(Romaine, Red Onion, Red Bell Pepper, Cucumber, House Vinaigrette)









Atkins Induction Day 8 Totals - (1379 Cals, 100g F (64%F); 33g C; 12g Fib; 93g P; 21g Net Carbs)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fluffy Chix eat what??? Holy smokes! You can't eat that on low carb, can you? Thanks for joining Fluffy Chix Talk Chicken Scratch, the adventures in daily low carb nutrition and all the menus that go with it and maybe a picture or two! This is the daily Fluffy Chix Low Carb Menu Blog. Leave lots of comments and love, ya hear?!! Please share Fluffy Chix Cook with your friends!


November 26, 2012
Resumed Atkins Induction after surgery and recovery.


September 25, 2012

Bilateral Latissimus Dorsi Flap Resection for Stage IIIC Breast Cancer Reconstruction



September 19, 2012

Quit JUDDD and low carb to prepare for surgery.


August 13, 2012 -

Resumed JUDDD schedule while continuing with the Circadian Rhythm Schedule for eating and sleeping windows.


July 23 - August 12 -

I'm starting an n=1 pseudo-experiment today. It's based on experiments with Calorie Restriction and Food Restriction or Food Windows. I'm working with some guidance on this. The idea will be to reset my Circadian Rhythms.New research shows that Circadian Rhythm disruption influences inflammation and obesity as well as insulin sensitivity. These are all areas I'm desperate to address because fixing these areas could allow my body to heal. This could give me a better shot at remaining cancer free.


For the next 3 weeks, I must reset the Circadian Clock inside my body. To reset the CC (Circadian Clock) I need to discontinue JUDDD over the next 3 weeks and simply adhere to a feeding, sleeping and waking schedule. I will be adding a note section at the end of each day in order to evaluate status and moods.

Step 1: Eat a low carb diet without calorie restriction for the next 3 weeks without any type of calorie rotation.

Step 2: Eat all meals within an 8 hour feeding window - 11am - 7pm. Absolutely no eating after 7pm. Non-caloric liquids are allowed on demand.

Step 3: Adhere to a bedtime with total darkness at 11pm and wake time of 6:30am, every day.

Step 4: After 3 weeks I will resume JUDDD Rotations with a 20% Calorie Restriction on Down Days - 500 kcals, Up Days will allow up to 2340 kcals. The JUDDD Rotation will feature low carb nutrition. Continue to follow the FR (Food Restriction eating window, bedtime, and waking time.)

Step 5: After 2 weeks back on JUDDD Rotations, evaluate the ongoing weight loss level I feel comfortable in sustaining for the long term. I can go as high as a 50% restriction and still experience activation of the SIRT1 genes and asthma alleviation. Continue to follow the FR (Food Restriction eating window, bedtime, and waking time.)

***********************************

JUDDD Plan -

What in the Sam-hill, cockamamie food plan are you following? That can't be low carb!! Well, you're right it isn't simply low carb. I follow a derivation of the Johnson's Alternate Day Diet. I tweaked the JUDDD diet, as it's called, into a low carb version.

I choose to follow this plan right now, because I am experiencing dramatic improvement on asthma symptoms, blood sugar control and weight loss.

More importantly, I also experienced a greater than 50% response rate in neo-adjuvant chemotherapy towards a high grade prolific ER+/PR+/Her2Neu- breast cancer and lost 45lbs during treatment - when most people in breast cancer treatment gain 10-20lbs. (KI-67 was 22% with 17mitotic bodies).


Sure, I'm a turtle. Weight loss is slow weight loss. But it's weight loss! Hope that helps bring you up to speed!

The JUDDD diet has quite a bit of testing behind it and is founded upon theories that alternate day caloric restriction activates the longevity gene, the SIRT1 gene.


Suggested side effects of the JUDDD Diet are greater blood sugar control, reduction of systemic inflammation, relief or improvement of asthma conditions, reduction in movement disorder brain dysfunction, and possible anti-cancer effects.

But! Key to remember, I'm an n=1, not a doctor, not a nutritionist, nor allied health practitioner and you MUST do your own research. I'm just a girl who had cancer and is dancing with NED at this point in time.